Mutton pieces coked along with potatoes in spicy home style gravy
HOMESTYLE MUTTON CURRY
800 grams mutton, cut into 1 inch pieces on the bone
3-4 tablespoons oil
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons red chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
½ inch cinnamon
3-4 green cardamoms
2 medium onions, finely chopped
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 cup yogurt, whisked
Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil in a deep non-stick pan.
2. Put mutton pieces in a bowl. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, coriander powder, garam masala powder, coriander leaves and ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
3. Add cinnamon, cloves and green cardamoms to hot oil and when it gets fragrant. Add onions and sauté till golden brown.
4. Add marinated mutton pieces, mix and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Heat remaining oil in a pressure cooker. Add potatoes and salt and sauté for 1 minute. Add mutton mixture, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add yogurt and mix. Adjust salt, mix, cover, reduce heat and pressure cook on medium heat till 4 whistles are released. Open the lid when the excess air is completely released.
7. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor