Who could resist these homemade cinnamon rolls? Rich and fluffy, with their soft, buttery interior they are totally irresistible. The smell while baking is unforgettable. You can hardly stop to only one roll.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Video sponsered by Buy Me a Pie! Download App here: http://buymeapie.com/?utm_source=home_cooking_adventure&utm_medium=youtube
Makes 12 big rolls
3 1/2 cups (440g) flour + extra for dusting
25 g fresh yeast (2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast)
1 cup (240 ml) lukewarm milk
2 tbsp+1 tsp (30g +5g) sugar
1 tsp (5g) salt
4 tbsp (56g) oil or melted butter
5 tbsp (70g) butter, at room temperature
2 tbsp (13g) ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
1 cup (120g) powdered sugar
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
1. Prepare the dough. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar over the yeast and 1/3 cup of the milk. Stir to dissolve.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, 2 tbsp sugar and salt. Add oil or melted butter, dissolved yeast, eggs and the rest of 2/3 cup milk. Stir to combine and knead until the dough is soft, a bit sticky but quite elastic and pulls away from the side of the bowl. If it feels too soft, you can add extra flour up to 1/2 cup (63g). Let it rest for 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl combine butter with cinnamon and sugar.
4. On an oiled or floured surface roll the dough in a 12×18 inch (30x45cm) rectangle. Spread butter cinnamon mixture over the top of the rectangle. Roll the dough, seal the seam with water and cut into 12 equal size rolls. Place on a parchment paper lined (9×13 inch – 23x33cm) tray with 1/2 -1 inch (2 cm) distance between them to allow them to rise.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and let the rolls rise in a warm place for about one hour, until doubled in size. (if the tray is not too tall you might need to grease the plastic wrap so it doesn’t stick).
6. Preheat oven to 350F (180 C).
7. Bake the rolls for about 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Prepare the glaze. Mix powdered sugar with vanilla and milk and before serving drizzle over the rolls.
9. Serve warm alongside a cup of milk.